Business for Societal Impact (B4SI) is a network of companies committed to measuring and maximising their social impact in line with B4SI’s industry-leading Social Impact Frameworks.
From its very origins, B4SI has always been led by the needs and interests of businesses. In return, businesses in our network agree to adhere to a Charter that underpins our values.
Regional Steering Groups
A Steering Group in each region is trusted to identify material issues, guide discussion and development, and provide a steer on operational and strategic thinking related to the Frameworks on behalf of the entire B4SI network.
The Steering Group is comprised of approximately 8-15 companies in each region and represents a variety of industries and sectors within the network. Membership of Steering Groups is open to all B4SI companies and Steering Group members serve for a fixed term of office, normally two years.
The function of the Steering Group, with the support of Corporate Citizenship as facilitators and coordinators of B4SI, is to:
- Act on behalf of the entire network to maintain and enhance quality in applying the B4SI Frameworks
- Ensure that the B4SI offering maximises value for network companies
- Input into the external communications strategy for B4SI
- Ensure that member services, including events and the website, are meeting the needs of members
- Hold preparatory discussions and provide guidance on issues to be decided at plenary meetings
- Provide a steer on operational and strategic matters that do not need full plenary group consideration, such as initiating new areas of work.